1.We collect personal information about you in three ways:
- information that you provide to us, for instance when you subscribe for our services;
- information that we collect automatically when you use our services; and/or
- information that we may obtain about you from third parties.
2.We explain below what personal information we typically collect about you in these three ways.
3. For some of our services, for example financial, music or video conferencing services, it may be necessary to collect additional personal information about you, and/or collect personal information in other ways and/or for purposes that are specific to that service. In such cases, our relevant Terms of Service explain the service-specific personal information processing activities. When you subscribe for one of our services, you will have the opportunity to review the Terms of Service and will be asked to indicate that you accept them.
4.Information that you give us
When you sign up for one of our services or when you receive one of our services, you may provide us with certain personal information. The types of such information may include:
- Your name, phone number, email address, postal address, date of birth, gender and other information you give us when registering to receive one of our services in a store, online or by phone.
- Credit or debit card information, bank account number and sort code or other banking or payment information, as well as amounts, dates and times of any payments that you make to us.
- Your preferences regarding the services that we provide. This will usually be collected through your service settings when setting up the service.
- Information about your customer account with us, for example the type of contract you hold with us, any service you have subscribed to, and any dates of payment owed and received.
- Records of your contact with us, for example a customer note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you send to us, information about any customer support requests that you make or any feedback that you provide to us.
- Information about our communications with you, for example any customer support requests that you make or any feedback that you provide to us.
- The contact information that you provide to us if you choose to receive news and updates from us.
- The contact information and other information, such as demographic information about you and your household, that you provide to us when you agree to participate in one of our competitions, prize draws, research surveys or consumer panels or provide other feedback to us regarding our products or services.
- Some of the services provided on our websites, such as appear.in or online.no, require you to have an online account with us. If you want to set up an account, we will ask you to give us certain personal information, such as your name, phone number and email address, and to create a unique password for your account. Generally, these services enable you to have a registered owner, an individual responsible for making payments and one or more users. If you choose to let others, such as members of your family, use your account, you should ask them to read this privacy notice.
5.Information that we collect automatically
When you use our services, we will automatically collect certain information about you and your device. The information that we collect automatically will vary depending on the service and the device that you are using to access and/or benefit from our service.
6 .We will collect information about the type of device and software that you use to access our services, for instance whether you use an iPhone or Samsung phone, and what operating system is running on your device.
7. When you use our telecommunication services, we automatically collect information about your communications, including:
the phone numbers that you call/text or that call/text you;
- the date and time of the calls and texts you send or receive;
- the duration of calls received and made through our network;
- your approximate location at the time these communications take place, as further explained in the section on location data below;
- your browsing information; and
- the level of service you receive from us.
8. When you visit one of our websites and/or use one of our online services, we collect information concerning your terminal equipment or device and your use of our online services. Such information usually includes:
the IP address of your terminal equipment or device, such as your PC, laptop or smartphone;
- information about your terminal equipment or device model and settings;
- network information; and
- details of when, where and how you used the service.
9 .When you visit one of our websites and/or use one of our online services we may also collect the following information:
- log-in information;
- browser type and version;
- browser plug-in types and versions;
- operating system and platform;
- information about your visit including the websites from which you come to our website, the pages on our website that you visit, and the websites you visit from our website;
- information about the services and products that you viewed or searched for on our website;
- download errors; and
- length of visits to certain pages and how you interact with those pages.
10. The information that we collect automatically when you use our websites and/or online services is collected through cookies and similar technologies. Click here to find out more about these technologies and why and how we use them.
11 .We collect information when we link our digital services with the services of third parties, for instance when you have given us your consent and we integrate our service with social networks such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Such information usually includes:
certain general information such as the information described above (including, for instance, information that you provide to us when you register for a service, information that we collect automatically when you use our services (including, for instance, IP address and information about your device), location information that we collect when you use location based services, and other information that you provide to us or which we collect on the basis of your consent or as permitted by applicable law); and
- certain service specific information, such as information that is necessary to enable us to link your Telenor log in credentials to the third party service log in credentials in a non-personally identifiable manner, to enable us to integrate our digital services with the services of those third parties.
Information that we collect from other sources
12. We sometimes collect personal information about you from third parties, in connection with services that we provide to you. We will do this only when you have given us your consent or when we are required or allowed to do so under applicable law.
13. For instance when you purchase products or apply for service with us, we may obtain credit information about you from outside credit reporting agencies to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
14. When you use your social media credentials to login to or otherwise interact with a Telenor webpage or offer, we may collect information about your social media profile, such as your interests, “likes” and friends list. You can control this data collection via the options made available by your social media service provider in your social media account.
15. We may combine the personal information that we receive from such other sources with personal information you give to us and information we automatically collect about you.